The most impressive part of a home is the entry door because it is the feature that stands out and impresses visitors when they first have a look at the house. A good quality entry door lasts long and is easy-to-maintain. If you are planning to buy an entry door, you have to take into account a lot of factors. Here is a look at some tips on how to select a door:
• Look into as many different styles as possible. You have the option to select from traditional or modern styles. The styles you select must synchronize with the overall look of the house.
• Check out the size. Standard entry doors come in 32 to 36 inch wide size, while the extra-wide doors come in 81 to 91 cm wide size and the extra-wide doors are 107 cm wide. If you home has tall ceiling, you would be requiring 2.4 m tall entry doors.
• Maintenance is yet another factor that influences door selection. Choose a door that is easy-to-maintain and which is also durable. You can also opt for weather tight doors which come with laminated construction and vapor barriers. A fiberglass frame is a good option since it won’t show signs of rusting and will resist shrinking.
• When it comes to security, nothing is as good as steel doors. These doors are made out of galvanized steel frame around wood frames or just basically a steel frame. It has a dense polyurethane foam core that can offer the right level of insulation.
• Look into quality and durability because this ensures that the door will last for years to come. It can cost a bit more, for example, a 36-by-80-inch wood door can cost something between $275 and $3,500.